In which cases shall Medistus® Antivirus be applied?
AREAS OF APPLICATION:
- To support by physical means the natural barrier function of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa against viruses and bacteria infecting the respiratory tract.
- For the prevention of infectious and inflammatory airways diseases of viral and bacterial origin by physical (mechanical) barrier formation on the oral and pharyngeal mucosa.
When, how often and how long shall Medistus® Antivirus be applied?
DOSAGE INSTRUCTIONS, TYPE AND DURATION OF APPLICATION:
- In case of exposure to infections.
- For protection at increased risk of airways infection of viral and bacterial origin.
- Adults: Dissolve a lozenge slowly in the mouth 3 to 6 times a day.
- Children older than 12 years (and at least 25 kg body weight): Dissolve a lozenge slowly in the mouth 3 times a day.
- Children older than 6 years: Dissolve a lozenge slowly in the mouth once a day.
The lozenges may pose a choking risk for children when unable to dissolve them in the mouth. Please take particular care for children.
In case of taking medicines orally, please leave a pause of 2 hours in-between.
WHAT DO MEDISTUS® ANTIVIRUS LOZENGES CONTAIN?
Medistus® Antivirus lozenges contain Kistosyn® 200 extract. Medistus® Antivirus is a novel Class IIa medical device ( 0481). Efficacy and safety have been tested according to the European Medical Device Directive (93/42/EEC).
Medistus® Antivirus is a novel medical device with an active ingredient complex containing plant-based substances. The Kistosyn® 200 extract forms through its natural active substances a protective film over the oral and pharyngeal mucosa. This protective barrier leads to a physical (mechanical) protection against viruses and bacteria causing respiratory infections, which helps prevent their penetration into body cells and their further propagation. Medistus® Antivirus lozenges support through their natural active substances the barrier function of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa by forming a natural film on it. As a result, the oral and pharyngeal mucosa gets moisturized and external irritations can significantly be reduced. Due to this physical effect resistance development is not possible.
Active substance: Kistosyn® 200 extract
Other ingredients: maltitol, sorbitol, purified water, ascorbic acid, citric acid, flavour, vegetable oil, stevia extract, peppermint oil.
No preservatives and colorants.
Sugar, glutenand lactose free.
Store in a cool, dry place, protected from light.
Natural health protection at increased infection risk
WHAT DOES THE KISTOSYN® 200 EXTRACT CONTAIN?
Kistosyn® 200 extract is a plant-based active ingredient complex, the trademarked active substance of Medistus® Antivirus Lozenges.
The active ingredients of Kistosyn® 200 extract exert a dual effect:
1. they form a film-like protective layer on the oral and pharyngeal mucosa, a so-called mucoadhesive coating, which moistens the mucosa and thereby supports the regeneration of surface lesions of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa. This film-like protective layer forms a physical barrier on the oral and pharyngeal mucosa against pathogens and thus enhances the natural protective function of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa.
2. The special polyphenol compounds in Kistosyn® 200 extract bind to the receptors of the surface proteins of the oral and pharyngeal mucosa and exert an astringent effect, which acts as a seal on the mucosal interface against potential pathogens. At the same time the polyphenolic compounds in the Kistosyn® 200 extract are capable to inactivate enveloped respiratory viruses by binding to their glycoproteins in a non-specific way as well as to react with the bacterial cell wall or membrane to inhibit them in attaching to the cells.
NOTES AND INFORMATION CONCERNING THE SHELF LIFE OF THE MEDICAL DEVICE PRODUCT MEDISTUS® ANTIVIRUS
The lozenges shall be used up until the „use by” date marked on the box.
FORM AND CONTENT
Original packaging with 10 lozenges.
Keep out of reach of small children. Suitable for children older than 6 years.
There are no side effects known.
There are no counter indications known.
To avoid interactions, in case of taking medicines internally, please leave a pause of 2 hours between the intakes or consult your doctor.